Sunday, July 15, 2012

*Ultimate* Self-Confidence

Thanks to Lawrence, Fyodor, Marcus, Rory, Sue-Yee and Charlotte, I got plenty of burlesque schooling as a birthday gift.  I was able to take the "Essential Burlesque" series at the School of Burlesque and had $25 left over on the gift certificate they gave me.  So I decided to take "Ultimate Self-Confidence! with the World Famous *BOB*" and paid a $5 difference.

This is going to be a short entry, because there's not a lot I can say about the class. (Well, I could, but I won't.)  This is because BOB (Yes, World Famous *BOB* is her real name... she legally changed it.) kindly asked us not to, and I agree on the reasons why.  I also believe every woman should spend some time with BOB.  If you can take this class, do it.  I've had a week to process, and I've come to the following conclusions:

1. If a self-described "female-female impersonator," a very tall, voluptuous, curvy (many would call plus-size) 40-something woman can have self-confidence and love her body and herself, so can I.

2. I can love my body and myself, because...

3. ...Like my face, my body doesn't look 42 years old either.  And that's amazing.

Maybe others could have said these things about me.  But *I* couldn't say them, because I didn't believe them.  At 22 I hid from mirrors.  But at 42 I can look at myself, naked, head to toe and appreciate what I see... and even love it most days.

*BOB* has the power... and if you meet her, you'll never be the same.  

No comments: